Everything you love about the Genius, but with a lower price point. The Genius 950 features TwinLoc Suspension Technology to always optimize your ride, a SRAM Eagle drivetrain and Syncros components. Grab your bike, and get on the trail.
One Frame Two Wheel Sizes
- With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
-Genius Trail Geometry
- The Genius has always been a bike designed to go up as well as it went down, and vice versa. For 2018, we wanted to re-emphasize this point. We designed the Genius specifically in search of balance. Compared to the previous iteration, this one is slacker, has longer reach, shorter chainstays and a steeper seat angle. We really wanted geometry figures that would balance out the long front end for more stable descending. What we've ended up with is a bike that climbs like a bat out of hell and gets you down the mountain faster than you can say "dropping!" After years of testing different options, these numbers are a result of taking everything we want out of a bike for the trails we ride, and building it.
Virtual 4Link Design
- Our suspension kinematic brings perfect balance and control to the platform. Using our Virtual Four Link design, we have honed our suspension feel, pedaling and braking response to work with maximum efficiency and in harmony with our TwinLoc Suspension System. Our kinematic suspension curve gives supple small bump sensitivity and therefore exceptional traction characteristics, perfect support in the mid-stroke and a controlled deep stroke for predictable and comfortable bottom outs. Specific pivot placements ensures efficient pedaling that drives the bike forwards like a startled greyhound and neutral braking that strikes a perfect balance between rider comfort and control, chassis stability and rear wheel traction. From the XC racer, to the downhill enthusiast, the kinematic brings improvements and advantages in all areas and gives a solid fundamental basis for a bike for all riders and all conditions.
- Improved roll-over is the most noticeable attribute when it comes to 29” wheels. The big wheels are great for rolling over nasty roots and rocky sections, essentially making it easier to ride these conditions. Improved traction is also a key factor with the increased wheel diameter compared to 27.5” wheels as tire contact to the ground is larger.
- Best Roll-Over Performance
- Carries Momentum
- Maximum Traction surface
- Best stability on easy trails
- Lowest suspension stress
- Great for larger frame sizes
- Increase stability on long curve
- Genius Alloy SL Frame
- FOX 34 Float Performance 150mm Fork
- FOX Float, TwinLoc, 150mm
- SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Shimano 4 Piston Disc Brakes
- Syncros X-30S TR Rims
- Maxxis Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Dropper Post and Parts
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||Genius Alloy SL 6011, custom butted / VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic, 27.5" (2.6 & 2.8) and 29" (2.4 & 2.6) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj., TBC Trunnion box construction / Boost 12x148mm|
|Fork||FOX 34 Float Performance Air, Grip 3 / 3-Modes / 15x110mm QR axle / tapered steerer, 44mm offset / Reb. Adj. / Lockout / 150mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Press Fit E2 / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", OD 50/62mm / ID 44/56mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX Float EVOL Performace Trunnion, 3 modes / Lockout-Trail-Descend, DPS / Reb. Adj., Travel 150mm / 185 x 55mm|
Front: 15 x 110mm QR axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros X-30S / 32H / 30mm / Sleeve Joint, Tubeless ready|
Front: Formula ST-1907 / CL / 15x110mm
Rear: Formula CL-148S / CL / Boost 12 x 148mm
|Spokes||Stainless Black 15G / 1.8mm|
|Tires||Front: Maxxis Dissector 29x2.6", Rear: Maxxis Rekon 29 x2.6, Specs: 60TPI Kevlar Bead / EXO / Tubeless ready|
|Crankset||SRAM NX Eagle DUB Boost|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN NX Eagle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX / Eagle 12-Speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50t|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle Trigger|
|Handlebars||Syncros Hixon 2.0 / Alloy 6061D.B., 12mm rise / 9° / 780mm|
|Tape/Grips||Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros FL2.0 / 6061 Alloy, 6° / integrated Top Cap / 31.8mm / 1 1/8"|
|Brakes||Shimano MT420 4 Piston Disc, 203/F and 180/R SM-RT30 CL rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Tofino 2.0 Regular, CRMO rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan Dropper 2.5 Remote, 31.6mm / S size 100mm / M 125mm / L & XL 150mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Syncros Trail Fender|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Purple / Small||192820160849||274647006||SCO17758382S|
|Purple / Medium||192820160856||274647007||SCO17496040M|
|Purple / Large||192820160863||274647008||SCO17909900L|
|Purple / X-Large||192820160870||274647009||SCO18368992L|